Henna in Michigan – Novi
For an event at the Dirty Martini Bar in Novi I needed a model. Here are the henna tattoos I did for Farah, my henna model.Read More
Here is the video for my recent Arabic style mehndi on my hand.
Arabic henna videoRead More
Mehndi I did on my hand today. I also made a henna video of this design. I like designs on my hand to feature flowers and paisleys. I don’t think that’s a surprise =-)
Heres a four leaf clover abstract design with henna. This is on the side torso area.Read More
New henna Mandala design! I really enjoy doing circular henna designs with elaborate lines.Read More
Another fun henna tattoo style design on a forearm. This is an original floral & paisley – my favorite type of designRead More
Hello. I did this design for a great client in Dearborn, Michigan. I really enjoy mandala designs with henna. Where I live isn’t too far from Dearborn so I meet many clients to do henna there frequently. Anyway, enjoy the new mandala design!Read More
Here is a new henna design on an arm that I did. I love getting to do a simple floral motif. Something therapeutic about the lovely repetition.Read More
The second volume of my Modern Mehndi henna ebook series has been released! Its a Festival Henna Design ebook with over 150 designs perfect for doing henna at parties and festivals.
You can download a free sample so you can see the examples of the Henna Designs found in this ebook volume.
Just enter your email below and push the download button, you’ll receive a free henna ebook sample in your email box.
Here are a few new henna designs . I have REALLY enjoyed using the back as a canvas lately. Less restrictions and more room to make LARGE art. These photos were taken by Linda Michele-Dobel Photography in Howell, Michigan with model Shalisa Goodman.Read More
Have I mentioned how much I LOVE to decorate pregnant bellies with henna? Since its usually a large area I am designing on, my clients and I get to chat about babies, toys, diapers and all that fun stuff. Another amazing aspect of doing henna for a baby belly is getting so see little feet & arm movements while you’re working. So adorable. Well, here is a boy baby belly design I recently did. The mommy-to-be loves lines and dots & flowers, but she wanted It to represent her little boy, so she choose a cute elephant for the middle instead of the floral design.
It took about 45 minutes to complete.
A question I am frequently asked is “How do I prepare for my henna appointment?” Here are a few key things to remember before having henna done and how to care for henna:
1. Henna stains the best on clean, dry skin. Please do not apply any lotions or oils to the area where you want your design. Its a good idea to shower and exfoliate before your appointment, too.
2. For brides, make sure you have someone to assist you after your appointment if your arms, hands, feet, legs will be covered in henna.
3. Be sure to eat, use the restroom, take out your contacts, etc BEFORE we get started doing your henna since it will be very difficult to do these tasks after the henna is applied to your hands.
4. Remember that henna takes anywhere from 10 – 30 minutes to totally dry depending on the environment and amount of henna applied. Be mindful of this before deciding where your design will go. The less you move before it dries, the better. You want to avoid smearing and premature cracking of the dried paste. You’ll want to leave the dried paste on for as long as you can. The longer it stays on your skin, the darker you stain can get. At least 2 hours but overnight it best.
5. When the paste eventually falls off, the design will be a light orange / yellow. It will oxidize over the next 24 – 48 hours to be a rich dark brown / mahogany color.
6. Avoid scrubbing the area with water or soap. Apply a natural oil such as sesame oil, olive oil or a waxy body balm like Mama Bee Belly Balm from Burt’s Bees.
7. ENJOY the pampering experience of having henna done!Read More
Today I got the privilege to decorate Patricia’s head with a Henna Crown – She’s a lovely, upbeat lady who also lives in Ypsilanti. Here are the pics of the floral, medallion motif henna crown I did.Read More
Getting the opportunity to collaborate with this great group of artists & models really makes what I do such a dream career.
Mike & Robin’s low-key / high-key work really captures the delicate henna lines on the skin perfectly.
Here are a few sample photos from the shoot:Read More
I met two lovely ladies in Dearborn, MI on Friday night to do a few pretty henna designs on their hands – palm & top of the hand for both of them.
The designs were floral and feminine and accentuated their style.Read More
Henna application on an arm &palm/ The design is floral & paisley. An original design by me. This would be nice for an elegant occasion or a wedding.
This design took 30 minutes to complete.Read More
Pleased to announce my first Henna design eBook out for Kindle :
“Modern Mehndi – A Collection of Henna Designs”
You can find it on Amazon here: Modern MehndiRead More
This is henna I did on Maralyn for her Warrior Dash. She wanted decoration on her body for her marathon she was running. I think we did a great job picking a design that was feminine, yet had an edge.
I have been very busy lately! Summer is the best time of the year for meeting people and doing henna on them. The past few events I have done have included a party of lovely ladies for a henna photoshoot to celebrate our bodies and a prenatal belly with such a lovely mommy-to-be.
Henna on a pregnant belly is a symbol of good luck and good health for the mom and baby.
Here are images of the beautiful wedding dress and her henna. Her wedding was in Canton, Michigan.Read More
Thursday I traveled to Saginaw, Michigan for a bridal appointment. I met the lovely bride-to-be, Fatima. She was so bubbly and fun. I really enjoyed the time we got to spend together as I did her bridal mehndi for her wedding. Here are the pictures from it.
I have been VERY busy with parties, private appointments & events this past week! Here is a small sample of the henna I’ve been doing for groups, a Sweet 16 party, brides & proms. I have travelled from Farmington Hills to Jackson, Michigan and locally here in Ann Arbor, Ypsilanti & Saline. Hope you enjoy these recent photos.Read More
Here are two new designs. One for the hand and one for the foot. Both are utilizing shading for the flowers.
These two designs were both custom designs I did. The palm is more of a circular, geometric pattern & the top of the hand is an organic shape.Read More
For a client in Dearborn, MiRead More